UCSC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for students, employees, and campus visitors.
The campus maintains a website dedicated to disability information and resources: http://ada.ucsc.edu.
The campus Disability Resource Center works to provide equal educational access for students with disabilities: http://drc.ucsc.edu
For student educational accommodations contact the Disability Resource Center at Phone: (831) 459-2089; TTY: (831) 459-4806; Fax: (831) 459-5064.
The affirmative action provisions of the Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503) prohibits job discrimination and requires federal contractors and subcontractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individual with disabilities.
Effective March 24, 2014, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has published Final Rule that made changes to the regulations implementing Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended at 41 CFR Part 60-741. For more information on the new rules, please see UCSC's 2014 Section 503 & VEVRAA Rules Fact Sheet or visit the OFCCP website Section 503.
For employment accommodations employees should contact their supervisor or Kelly Roberts, Disability Management Coordinator at (831) 459-4602.
For UCSC employment opportunities, visit: Job Openings at UCSC.
To speak with someone about a disability related concern or complaint, please see the Speak to Someone About Your Concerns section of the website.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy, US Department of Labor - Resource List
- US Government: Information on Disability Programs & Services Nationwide
- Recruiting, Hiring, Retaining, and Promoting: People with Dsiabilities - A Resource Guide for Employers
- Employer Assistance & Resource Network
- What Can You Do? Campaign for Disability Employment
- The ADA: Your Employment Rights as an Individual With a Disability